I hereby propose that badminton is a character-building exercise.
After all, what deflates the ego quite so well as taking a swooping, heroic, majestic swipe at a serenely floating birdie...and wrenching your arm out of it's socket while the birdie plops neatly at your feet?
Watching someone else whack it into the sunset, perhaps?
3 comments:
I must say, that I too have experienced the same thing with the sport. But upon careful observation I have noted that at the very split seconded you whack at the birdie, the strings of the racket open up, then close back again, allowing the birdie to pass through. Hence the name, BADminton!! ;-)
Only by daily practice of badminton will the strings on the racket learn to keep their place and not be so bad. But in the process it is a very character building experience!!
Good day!!
Well, that explains everything.
I shall hereby go punish my racket.
We actually used to have rackets that the birdie would STICK IN!!!!! You make a tremendous effort and find when you strain your eyes for the birdie that it is still stuck in your hand. How annoying.
Post a Comment