I've been thinking about something this week: I heard a person told they were wrong to do something and person A briefly acknowledged that they were wrong and went on to vehemently say that person B - telling them they were wrong - should not have told them in the manner they did, and that was why person A was mad.
When pressed, Person A would say they were wrong, but they never actually learned anything from person B's criticism because of the manner of it's delivery.
I do not wish to defend person B's delivery, it too was wrong, but what I thought was this: if you never take to heart a criticism, no matter how arrogantly or condescendingly phrased, how Godly are you? Do you have to have truth couched in pretty terms before you believe it?
Much as I would like to be speaking to the crowded masses, I'm sorry to say that this is not just the problem of person A, it is also mine. I'm sure you are all surprised to learn this. ;)
I think it comes down to, do I want to do something because it is Godly, or do I just want to do it when it feels good.
My thought for the day.
Love to you all,
-Anne
2 comments:
Here's hoping that neither of them were me!!!
AH! I have a PROFOUND THOUGHT and all you can say is that you hope you weren't the inspiration for my profound thought? I'm crushed.
Yours in flat misery,
Anne
Post a Comment