Quartet member contribution and criticism welcomed, and non-quartet member comments will please be limited to two paragraphs per.
Please hold applause to the end.
The members of the Jones String Quartet would like to thank the members of the music committee and Mr. and Mrs. H_____ for inviting us to play. Your beautiful and lavish accomodations almost equal the welcome we received the last time we could make time in our schedule to play at Carnegie Hall. We are often asked to outline our history, but I will be brief. The Jones String Quartet has been together for a little over four years. After the first Violinist (also the youngest member) finished up her Masters at Juliard, the other three members decided she was equal to joining the ranks of her (formerly) superiors and graciously gave their consent to her initiation into their esteemed midst. After extensively touring Europe in '03, '04 and '05 we were invited to play for the Royalty of Spain, Portugal, Germany and England, but declined Englands request in favor of returning to our home soil and giving a private concert to our own dear President at his request. This came at an auspicious time, as Middle East issues were weighing down upon his mind. When asked for a short quote to add to our scrapbook of honors, the President only gave a 'no comment', disappointingly. May our music bring to your hearts the same warm and generous feeling that all good music should bring, and may your a-strings never rust.
-The Jones Quartet
I think that about sums it all up.
-Me.
3 comments:
The Jones Quartet is sure humble. I am wondering at the price it is to hire such a quartet.
-Leigh
I think maybe including all the technical details may be seen as slightly boastful.
I might spit watermelon seeds at the Jones Quartet just to see if they were real people. ;P
Watermelon seeds? Why do anything so vulgar? Especially since everyone will have nice clothes on.
All right, I'll write a truthful bio....
-Me
Post a Comment